Sunday, January 17, 2010

From Coop to Coffee


Regard it as just desirable to build a chicken house as to build a cathedral. ~Frank Lloyd Wright

Christy's latest post Chicken Coops and Hen Houses reminded me of something I wanted to share with you. On my last thrifting adventure, I saw this antique chicken coop and immediately saw POTENTIAL.


Do you see it?


Do you see it?


HOW 'BOUT NOW?

Photo from Sweeter Homes


Yep, that's a repurposed coffee table from an antique pigeon cage. I love the contrast between the rustic cage and industrial cart wheels. Recognize it? It's from the 2008 HGTV Dream House.

Sincerely, Lisa

P.S. I didn't purchase the cage that day. It had just come in and the owner wanted to clean it up and do a little research before pricing it. So for now...it's goes in my idea file.

6 comments:

  1. Honestly, I can see it but not in your house! That is a "mom" look....I am planning for my new apartment, how about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can't wait to see it! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you buy it??? I hadn't seen that coffee table before but I'm likin' it and I'd love to see you reconstruct it. (BTW-thanks for your sweet comment to me.)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that idea! Thanks for folllowing and stopping by!! You're decor and ideas are pure inspiration and that's the highest honor I can give... cuz i'm a picky decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your's complete! Great eye!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see it..I see it...go back and get that sweetie...it will look great~

    ReplyDelete