Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Aspire to Inspire


INSPIRATION-arousal of the mind to special activity or creativity.

That's the definition of what blogging has become to me. I've spent most of my life wanting to help and inspire people to live better, happier lives. Along the way, I've spent alot of money, probably too much money on education. Yet since I've started blogging, I've learned more about myself and others than any school could ever teach me.

I've learned that I, like most people want to be inspired and in return, want to inspire others. Just think about it;



I could go on and on listing blogs that we go to for our daily dose of inspiration.
So what do we do with all that inspiration? We do things that we never thought we could do.
Don't believe me? Just check out Monday's at Between Naps on the Porch and Tuesday's at A Soft Place to Land. They're filled with SAHM teaching themselves how to operate nail guns, compound miter saws, etc. All in an effort to make a beautiful home and life for their families while working within their budgets and utilizing resources readily available to them.
Although, I haven't attempted to use any tools, blogging has inspired me to do something more. Explore my creative side. Write, open up, reach out to others. Believe it or not, I hate to write. I love to talk, but I HATE to write. But since I've started blogging, I've become more comfortable and confident with my writing skills.
So with that said, let me get to my point. This winter, I've found myself increasingly saddened by personal memories of loss, the crisis in Haiti and the hurts of fellow bloggers.
Yet for every sad moment, there'a a dozen more happy ones...you just have to look to find them. I can't tell you how much reading your blogs and celebrating life's smallest victories with you has lifted my spirits and reminded me of the resiliency of human nature. I look forward to your creativity. Some days it's the escape I need from the harsh realities of life. The smallest reminder that "this too shall pass".
So this is what I'd like to do. I want to host a MckLinky party called Aspire to Inspire.
The purpose of this party is to share your favorite music, quote, book, picture, or object in hopes that it will encourage someone else. Most days, we are surrounded by inspiration. Stories that are unheard by others, photos that are uncaptioned. Pieces of art that are unseen. All items taken for granted by us and possibly something that could possibly encourage or lift the spirit of others.
To get you thinking, I'm just going to give you a list of things that inspire me. I won't elaborate, that's the purpose of the MckLinky party. But at least this will give you something to think about.
  1. The movie Rudy
  2. Easter Holiday
  3. Broken angel statue
As you type up your post, try to answer these questions
  • How/why does this inspire me?
  • How/why do I hope to inspire someone else by sharing this?
Okay, lets shoot for next Wednesday January 27th to have our first Aspire to Inspire Party. Maybe by that time I'll figure out how to host a MckLinky party and make a cute little button. If you have any ideas or suggestions please leave me a comment or send me an email. Thank you!
Sincerely, Lisa
Works for Me Wednesday at We Are That Family

7 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    What a lovely idea! My husband and I stopped watching the news years ago, one story after another of pure negative stuff. About a year ago I started cutting out inspiring positive stories from magazines and newspapers. I so believe that good does exist in this world, and your link party will be a wonderful way of hearing those untold stories, seeing those unseen photos, hearing the hearts of those sharing them! Thank you!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee Dee! I appreciate your support, your magazine and news clippings are perfect! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    I do reside in Ohio! I live north of Cincinnati in the small city of Mason.
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,
    I think this is a wonderful idea. Count me in (just maybe post a reminder for me next week...I'm kind of forgetful lately)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that sounds like so much fun! I hope I'm able to do it. It's sometimes hard with a two year who cries alot. Then there is driving (I drive 33 miles one way there and back to drop off and then to pick up) for my two older ones to go to a certain school. Yes you heard it 122 miles a day. Whew! Complete exhaustion. But if I get the time-this will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every word is oh so true - could not of said it better myself. Inspiration is what keeps me going...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting! I love the picture for your header.

    ReplyDelete