Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pieces of Inspiration

A few weeks back, I picked up these ugly awesome MCM chairs for a song.  Well, they're still ugly unfinished in all their vinyl glory.  But I love them just the same. 




They've settled nicely in their new home beside the fireplace. 

This photo was taken before the fireplace drama. 
You can read about it here.

Please excuse the mess...I'm just keeping it real.  {Actually, I didn't feel like "staging" another picture and downloading it}.  

~Inspiration Found~

As I was preparing the spotlight for BluLabel Bungalow, I discovered the Atlanta store Pieces, Inc.  and the talented proprietor Lee Kleinhelter {Thank you Erica for the introduction}.   

Oh goodness...I was smitten! 

Well as-is the story of my life {Cristal taste with a Natural light budget}, I can afford NO-THING.  But that didn't stop me from gaining lots of inspiration! 

Check out some of the chairs I peeped on the Pieces website.     


I love how these chairs resemble the high backs on my thrift store finds.   

I'm also fond of the upholstery used on these chairs.  They're all covered in fresh and affordable {type} fabrics without feeling faddish.  

So what do you think? Have you ever gone out on a limb to buy something that only you saw the potential in?    

Sincerely, Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I really like the lines on the chairs that you bought and think they have a lot of potential.
    I see the potential in a lot of pieces I see at thrift stores but I have a husband who doesn't share the same enthusiasm for "trash to treasure". So to keep peace in the family I usually leave the bigger furniture pieces I see to someone else and only dream of what they could have been.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime I take my husband thrifting with me the vision is always one sided, my side! I love the clean lines of the chairs you have. And I love inspiration images #1 & #3. Those colors are the beez kneez!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the post modern lines of these chairs! Have you have visited Kelly at Much To Do With Nothing? If you look along the side bar of my blog you will find her link. she is amazing at reworking and recovering all types of furniture. You might want to shoot her a quick comment requesting her ideas! Can't wait to see what you decide!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the vision!
    Jane and Adrianna, we should get together and send the guys to Best Buy or another electronics heaven while we go thrifting!
    Thanks for the tip Dee Dee! I checked it out and Kelly is the master of reupholstery. Very helpful!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going into Pieces--great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are truly a find and your options on fabric and possibly painting the wood are limitless. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete