Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beautiful...



Today I'm celebrating! 

The lovely Rene from Cottage and Vine awarded me the Beautiful Blogger award.  Thanks Rene!  

It's my responsibility to pass this award to 15 readers.  If you've been reading my blog then you know I tend to be  indecisive.  Therefore I'm passing this award to all my 50 following friends! 


Yes, my blog has reached 50 followers.  The Crazy, Crafty and Creative Brenda was the most recent to follow along.  YAY...another reason to celebrate.


Image from Party Pantry


As part of the award process, I'm expected to tell you seven things about myself {something that don't know}.  Because I'm also celebrating fifty readers, I'd like to share a few things about my blog as well.   


  1. My first follower was Jane from the crafty blog Mamie Jane's.  Every new blogger needs someone as kind and supportive as her.  Thanks Jane!   
  2. I.  LOVE.  PEPSI!!!
  3. The fabulous Christy from Beach Brights did an awesome spotlight for Destination Seaborn.  When I won Christy's Store-It book giveaway in January,  I resoluted {is that even a word?} to clean up my act.  I'm ashamed to say that the kitchen junk drawer still exists.   
  4. I'm a night owl. For seven years, I worked midnight shift in a mental health crisis center.  Some habits are hard to break.  
  5. The beautiful Michelle from A Little French Loven presented me with the Kreative Blogger award.  It was my first award.    
  6. I.  HATE.  ONIONS!!!!!!
  7. During the summer I like to take my top off...


WAIT FOR IT...


WAIT FOR IT...



 
Wilmington, NC {2006}



C'mon, what did you think I was talking about? 


Thanks for stopping by! Remember I'm passing this award to my Fantastic 50 Followers.  I'm looking forward to learning more about you.

~As a side note~

Things are moving fast and forward to the first day of Nursing school.  I've spent the last two Fridays in CPR training and program orientation.  As March 29th draws near, I'll probably be posting less on Destination Seaborn and your individual blogs.  I appreciate your understanding and support as I prepare to fulfill a lifelong dream.  

Sincerely, Lisa 

11 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I was a little worried until I saw the hot little red car. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh joy! A new post from Lisa with AWARDS!! Blogging is such a great source of connecting and you have a wonderful style on and off the screen. Congrats on your peer recognitions. Only one question left-when can I drive the red car around the block?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa, just joined your blog as a follower. I have a double motive though...I just started a blog as well. It is called "The Faded Line" and you can find it at http://macmanus-thefadedline.blogspot.com

    It is a blog for me to share the various artistic influences in my life. Wile I have only just started it, I plan to dive into a lot of topics, including ones that border on the extreme. Maybe it will give you greater insight to who your brother-in-law truly is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love you and your car :)

    I am so proud of you for fulfilling your dreams. You are going to be an incredible nurse!!

    Promise you will blog about the gory stuff you learn in school???

    XOXO-

    PS. Enjoy your date

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,
    Thanks for passing along such a sweet award and for providing more great info on YOU!
    I am here supporting you for school! You can so do it! When you are finished we'll hold a blog party! Take you time, get the most out of school, keep enjoying your family and say hi only when and if you have a free minute!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award and the 50 (51!) followers! I LOVE your car. That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for the bloggy love!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog from the very beginning!!
    Congratulations on Nursing School!! I know you'll be very busy but it's so wonderful you are going to fulfill your lifelong dream. You'll make a great nurse.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the wait for it..top down! Sweet ride :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sooo excited - I don't think I have ever been mentioned in anyone's blog before....WOW ...thank you - I also love your car!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey--not posting and/or blogging in the name of following a dream is a-okay! i'll be starting school soon as well, so i completely understand. best to you, and thanks for all of the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa,
    Wishing you the best with your future endeavors. I'm sure school will go a lot better than you think! When you can keep the rest of us updated. Jude

    ReplyDelete