Saturday, April 3, 2010

New Life


Happy Easter!




The great gift of Easter is hope - Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.


Knowing how much I love flowers.  My neighbor brought me a bouquet of flowers from her church's Easter Celebration {2009}.     

She told me that these flowers were used to cover a lifesize cross. I was delighted that the bouquet contained one of my favorite flowers,  the very fragrant hyacinth.  

Two days later as I labored in the hospital with my third child,
the nurse and I talked about our love of gardening.  

The nurse tells me a familiar story....her church gathered flowers to cover a lifesize cross.   The flowers she donated were lovingly grown and given life by her very hand...purple hyancinths. 

A few hours later and before my Dr.'s arrival, those same set of hands would personally deliver my precious son, Miles.   



Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life

S. D. Gordon


Sincerely, Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,
    How wonderful! May this day bring the joy of hope, love and new beginnings!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story! Life works in amazing ways doesn't it?
    I hope school is going well. I've been thinking about you and wondering how it was going.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the story. :) hope you had a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete